Đề thi Ielts writing task 2 thường có xu hướng lặp lại qua các năm nên các bạn có thể coi đây như bộ đề dự đoán cho Ielts Writing 2020. Cách học writing các bạn cứ học từ vựng theo topic (khoảng 20 topic lớn) sau đó làm thử 1,2 đề cho mỗi topic lớn (làm dàn ý, sau đó viết hoàn chỉnh và nhờ người thông thạo Ielts Writing sửa cho mình nhé hoặc tham khảo dịch vụ sửa bài Ielts Writing của cô Dương Vũ (FB) Dương Vũ nhé)
1. Nowadays people take their family with them when they work abroad. Ads and disadvantages on individuals and on their family.
2. Some people believe the government should financially support retired people and others think they should care for themselves. Both views and your opinion.
3. Some people believe that individuals are born with leadership skills while others think individuals can learn these skills. Both views and opinion.
4. As well as making money, businesses should have social responsibilities. Agree or disagree?
5. Government should put high taxes on unhealthy food to encourage people to eat more healthily. Both views & Give your opinion
6. These days there is a rise in the cost of living >>> negative effects on individuals and society. Effects? Solution?
7. Some people believe it is important to give gifts and presents to friends and family to show that we care for them. Others think that there are better ways to show affection to them. Discuss both the views and give your own opinion.
8. Experts say if the old people spend time and get along with others and exercise everyday will be healthier and happier .However many elderly are suffering from loneliness and lack of fitness. Discuss the causes and solutions
9. With Internet development, people can now leave reviews or opinions on certain goods or services they have purchased. Is this a good or bad thing, discuss both views.
10. Some people believe that there would be a reduction in air travel in the future. Is this a negative or positive trend?
11. Nowadays an ordinary person can become popular through the Internet and TV. Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your opinion and relevant examples
12. The media is increasing interest in famous people who have ordinary backgrounds. Why do you think people are interested in the lives of famous people? Do you think this is a good thing?
13. Some people believe that young people should spend their free time with family rather than going for entertainment activities outside. Some disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
14. Nowadays, there is a trend that reports of media focus on problems and emergencies rather than positive development. Some people think it is harmful to individuals and to society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Some people believe that sport has an important role in society. Others, however, feel that it is nothing more than a recreational activity for some people. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
16. It has been said that people who read for a pleasure have more developed imagination and better language skill than people who prefer to watch TV. Do you agree or disagree?
17. Food travels thousands of miles from farm to consumers, some believe we should buy food from local farmers to protect the environment and help local businesses.
18. Some parents think it’s good children to have their mobile phones. Others
19. Ordinary people copy famous people reading magazines or watching Tv cause effect
20. Nowadays people make new friends through social networks and internet chat groups. Some think this is good. Others think face to face interaction is essential. Both views
21. Some think that media should be allowed to publish personal infor others think that some rules control should be applied on publishing personal info
22. Some parents think that children should not waste time reading entertainment books but educational books instead? What is your opinion?
23. Some people prefer activities and lifestyle of hot climate more while others like living in cold climates. Both views
24. Some people from poor families and rural areas find it difficult to access universities. Universities should make it easy for them. To what extent
25. Robots machines replace workers ad outweigh disadvantages?
26. How people from other nations and culture would help a country develop quickly
27. Many famous sports players appear in advertisements for sports products. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
28. As countries develop, more and more people are buying and using cars. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages it has on the environment?
29. In many countries, the number of visitors to art galleries has been declining steadlily. What are the reasons for this? What could be done to improve this situation?
30. Many students prefer doing part time jobs during their studies. Do you think this has more advantages or disadvantages?
31. In many countries, women and men are working full time. It is therefore logical for women and men to share household work. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
32. Some people think that money is the best gift for teenagers. Others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
33. Some people believe that those who do manual work should be paid on par with people who have high level degree. Do you agree or disagree?
34. Some people think that secondary or high school students should be taught how to use money as money management is an important life skill. Do you agree or disagree?
35. In some countries, children under 16 are not allowed by law to leave schools and get full time jobs. Is this a good or bad thing?
36. Some people think that books should be stopped in schools and that videos, films and computers should be used instead. To what extent do you agree?
37. In some countries, people like to follow the latest fashion trends and hairstyles. What might be the reasons for this and is this a positive or negative development?
38. Nowadays many parents are sending their kids abroad to acquire good education. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
ADs: receive quality ed` ucation, discover the world & experience new cultures, sharpen language and communication skills to be global citizens, get well-prepared for an international workplace, become more independent, have better job opportunities…
DISADs: Huge cost, culture shock & reverse culture shock, loneliness & depression
39. It is expected that there will be a higher proportion of old people (than young people) in many countries in the future. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
Positive: more contribution to society & family (with age come wisdom, aging and still healthy => do volunteer work, support family …)
Negative: decline in working-age population, generation gap (older people are less willing to take risks…), increasing burden on healthcare & social care
40. In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. You should write at least 250 words.
41. Nowadays many people work part or full time from home. Some people say that working from home has many benefits while others disagree.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
42. Many people today use their mobile phones for sending texts more than talking. What are the reasons for this? Are there more advantages than disadvantages?
43. Early technological developments brought more benefits and changes to people’s life than the recent technological developments. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
44. Schools should stop using books for teaching children as they find them boring, and use film, TV and computer instead. To what extent do agree with this?
45. Nowadays families move to different countries for work. Some people think it has a negative effect on children, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
46. Some teachers think that international student exchange would be beneficial for all teenage school students. Do you think its advantages will outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
47. Some people think that family life and parents have great influence on children’s development, while others consider that external influence plays a more important role in children’s life.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
48. In some countries, small town-centre shops are going out of business because people tend to drive to large out-of-town stores. As a result, people without cars have limited access to out-of town stores, and it may result in an increase in the use of cars. Do you think the disadvantages of this change outweigh its advantages?
49. Some employers find that their new employees lack in basic interpersonal skills such as lack of ability to work with colleagues as a team. What are the causes of this problem? Suggest solutions.
50. Scientists have been warning for many years about the importance of protecting the environment and that we must limit the use of energy in our daily lives. Despite warnings, many people do not do this. What are the reasons for that and how people can be encouraged to take an interest in protecting the environment?
51. Some believe it is the responsibility of government to take care of the environment, others think people are responsible for it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
52. Weddings are bigger and more expensive nowadays than in the past. Why is this the case? Is it a positive or negative development?
53. Most people don’t realize the importance of nature. What are the reasons and how can people learn more about the natural world?
54. Many people think money promotes happiness? How important is money to happiness? Give your opinions with relevant examples
55. In some countries, shops are opened long hours every day? Discuss positive and negative effects of this development on society.
56. Some people think that technology development encourages crime while others think it reduces crime. Discuss both view and give your opinion.
57. Tourism has caused environmental problems in many parts of the world. What sort of problems has been caused and what can be done about them?
58. Governments should support sports & art education at school to encourage children to take part in sports rather than supporting professional sports and artistic performance for general public. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
59. Retirement people should provide for themselves or governments should take care of them. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
60. Should students get a job right after high school or go to university. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
61. Some people think that parents should give their children complete freedom. Others feel that parents should supervise them on their activities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
62. In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a range of subjects. In others, children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to a particular career. Which of these two systems is more appropriate in today’s world?
63. In some cities, there are few controls on the design and construction of homes and other buildings, and owners can decide on the style of their houses. Do the advantages of this outweigh the drawbacks?
64. In many countries there has been an increase in social problems involving teenagers in recent years. Many believe it is because parents spend more time at work and less with their children. Do you agree or disagree?
65. Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting events bring more problems than benefits.
Discuss both views and state your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
66. Children usually want to play the same games and watch the same TV programs as their friends. Should parents allow it or not? Give your opinion and examples from your experience.
67. People are living in a ‘throwaway society’, using things for a short time and then throwing them away. What are the causes of this? What problems does it lead to?
68. International travel is becoming cheaper than before, so more and more countries open their doors to tourists. Do the advantages of the increased tourism outweigh the disadvantages?
69. Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education. Do you agree or disagree? Give reason for your answer. And include any relevant experience from your own knowledge.
70. Some people think that in order to learn a second language, it is necessary to live in a country in which that language is spoken. Do you agree or disagree?
71. Nowadays, people are surrounded with all kinds of advertisements. Many believe that advertising has negative effects on people’s lives. To what extent do you agree?
72. In many countries, more money is spent on transport system in the cities. In contrast, very little is spent in rural areas. What problems this may cause and what can be done to solve these problems.
73. Some people think that men are naturally more competitive than women. To what extent, do you agree or disagree.
74. There is increase of noise in our daily lives nowadays. Why is this a problem? What can be done to reduce it?
75. The best manager is the one who is friendly and warm to his/her staff. Do you agree or disagree?
76. Today younger and older generations are working in the same workplace. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? (generation gap topic)
77. Leaders and directors in an organisation are normally older people. Some people think younger leader would be better. Do you agree or disagree?
78. Doctors say that many people have health problems due to lack of physical activity. What might be the reasons for this? What are the ways to improve the situation?
79. Some people believe that teenagers should concentrate on all school subjects. But, others believe that teenagers should focus on the subject that they are best at or that they find the most interesting. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
80. The world of work is changing rapidly. Working conditions today are not the same as before and people no longer rely on taking one job for life. Discuss the possible causes for these changes and give your suggestions on how people should prepare for work in the future.
81. Some people say schools should be responsible to teach young adults to look after their health; others think this is not responsibility of schools. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
82. In many countries, people now sleep less than in the past. Why? And what are the effects of this on society and individuals?
83. Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere. To what extent do you agree with this view?
84. More and more people work from home and study from home with the development of computer technology. Do you think it is positive or negative development?
85. If a product is of good quality and meets people’s needs, people will buy it. Advertising is unnecessary and is no more than a type of entertainment. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
86. Many people try to look younger than their real age. What are the reasons people do this? Is this a good or bad thing?
87. Some countries spend a lot of money to make bicycle usage easier. Why is this? Is this the best solution to traffic congestion?
88. In many countries plastic shopping bags are the main type of rubbish. They cause water and land pollution, so they should be banned. Do you agree or disagree with this view?
89. Some people think that watching sports in one’s free time is just a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
90. Some people say that economic growth is the only way to end hunger and poverty, while others say that economic growth is damaging the environment so it must be stopped. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
91. Nowadays more and more people are spending less time at home. Why do you think it happens? What effect does this have on individuals and the society?
92. Eating too much sugar is harmful for health. Some people think that governments should take responsibility to control it. Others think that individuals should be responsible for limiting the amount of sugar they eat. Discuss both the views and give your opinion?
93. Some people do not mind to spend their leisure time with their colleagues while some people prefer to keep their private life separate from their work life. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
94. Some people believe that children should be given lessons on how to manage money in the school. Do you agree or disagree?
95. Some people say private schools should be banned because they give students an unfair advantage on others. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and include relevant examples from your own experience.
96. Some people think that public libraries are no longer important, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
97. Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting events bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
98. Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
99. Some think that a good diet and daily exercise are not necessary for a long and healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
100. Some people think that watching movies is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree?
101. Recently, many people know only a few of their neighbors. What is the cause of this problem? What can be done to solve this problem? Give reasons for your answer and any example from your own experience.
102. Some people believe that museums and historic sites should be open for free children under 18. Do you agree or disagree?
103. There is an increasing amount of advertising directed at children, which encourages them to buy goods such as toys and snacks. Many parents are worried that these advertisements put too much pressure on children while some advertisers claim that they provide useful information to children. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
104. Nowadays, films and games can be accessed at any time from mobile devices, smartphones, tablets and laptop computers. Do the advantages of such development outweigh the disadvantages?
105. Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of them because of their benefits to humanity. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
106. Some people prefer to buy local products while other prefer international products. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
107. Some people say that giving a smaller amount of money weekly to children will help them become more capable at managing money as they grow older. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
108. Some people think that the main factors influencing a child’s development these days are things such as television, friends, and music. Others believe that the family still remains more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
109. Most people prefer ready to eat food rather than homemade food now. Do you think this has more advantages or more disadvantages?
110. Some young people are leaving countryside to live in cities and towns, leaving only old people in countryside? What are the problems of this issue? What can be done to solve this problem?
111. Some people think high end technology can prevent and cut down the rate of committing crime? Do you agree or disagree?
112. People doing different jobs enjoy different amount of holiday time. Should people have the same amount of holiday time? Give your opinion.
113. Some people think it is a good idea to put children of different ages in the same class, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
114. Due to transportation of goods and people, environment pollution has increased. Some people think that the government should be responsible to solve this issue while others think this is individuals’ responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
115. Some people feel that courses can make anyone a teacher while others feel an excellent teacher cannot be made by pursuing a course. Discuss both view and give your own opinion.
116. Some people think that the government should spend money on construction of new public buildings such as museums and city halls. Others believe that this money should be spent on renovating the existing ones. What is your opinion?
117. Some people say that with the help of parenting and child development courses parents can improve the life of children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
118. Nowadays people waste a lot of food that was bought from shops and restaurants. Why do you think people waste food? What can be done to reduce the amount of food they throw away?
119. Some people think that high salary is important when choosing a company to work for, while others think that good working atmosphere is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.
120. There are many extinct species in the world nowadays. Some people say we should protect these animals from dying out, while others say we should concentrate more on problems of human beings. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
121. People live longer today and so people should stay in the workforce longer. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
122. It is considered by some that young people should be encouraged to leave home when they become adults; others say that it is better if they remain with family as long as possible. Discuss both view and your opinion.
123. Employers should focus on personal qualities over qualifications and experience when choosing someone for a job. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
124. Nowadays more and more people are buying what they need online. Ads & Disads of this.
125. Science will soon make people live up to 100 or even 200 years. Some believe this is a good thing while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.