Dưới đây là các tiêu chí các bạn cần đạt được cho 1 bài Ielts Essay band 8 – Nguồn chính thức từ IELTS OFFICIAL
- Did you answer ALL parts of the question sufficiently?
- Are all your ideas and support directly relevant to the question?
- Did you avoid over-generalising the topic?
- Does the Examiner know exactly what you think, and do you present this position clearly for the whole essay?
- Did you support your ideas with clear examples [not vague research and survey results]?
- Did you write over 250 words?
COHERENCE & COHESION
- Can the Examiner follow your ideas easily, from the beginning of your essay to the end?
- Does it progress clearly [introduction, main ideas with supporting examples, conclusion]?
- Did you use a range linking words and phrases?
- Did you avoid repetition and starting every sentence with a linking device [Firstly…Secondly…Thirdly]?
- Did you use referencing [These issues…] and substitution [problems/issues] correctly?
- Did you use sufficient paragraphs?
- Did you use one paragraph to develop each idea?
- Is there a clear introductory and concluding paragraph?
- Did you use a range of vocabulary that is on-topic?
- Did you use precise vocabulary choices?
- Did you avoid memorised language, clichés [double-edged sword] and proverbs?
- Did you use collocation correctly [environmental problem | global issue]?
- Did you use appropriate uncommon words [detrimental to | cultural diversity | measures]?
- Did you correct your spelling mistakes?
- Did you check for typos?
- Did you use the correct form of the word you needed [adverbs, nouns, adjectives and verbs]?
GRAMMATICAL RANGE & ACCURACY
- Did you use a range of structures [conditional, present perfect, relative clauses, modal verbs]?
- Did you avoid long, complicated sentences?
- Are your sentences error-free?
- Did you punctuate correctly?
- Did you use capital letters to start sentences and for proper nouns?
- Did you use commas in your complex sentences, where needed? [If the government invests funds in implementing environmentally-friendly solutions, pollution in the atmosphere will be reduced.]
- Did you use full stops(.) to finish sentences?
CHÚC CÁC BẠN HỌC TỐT VÀ ĐẠT TARGET