When you were a child, did you enjoy learning history?
- Well, I got bored to death with history classes but I truly enjoyed listening to my dad’s stories about historical events in Vietnam and around the world.
Have you ever been to a museum to learn about history?
- I’ve never seen a museum until I moved to Hanoi for higher education. The first one I visited is dedicated to the life of Vietnam’s greatest national leader. Then, I also checked out the Museum of Vietnamese history and Vietnam’s ethnology museum I really love them.
Have you ever watched movies related to history?
- Sure, I’m a huge fan of historical movies and documentaries. I find them much more fascinating than textbooks. I’ve watched a lot about the Second World War and the Vietnam War.
When was the last time you read a book (publication) about history?
- Well, I can’t remember exactly. As a visual learner, I’m not so into textbooks. Let me see, the last one I read was about the Fall of Saigon Vietnam and the evacuation of American troops in 1975. I came across it in a bookstore a couple of years ago.
Do you think history is important?
- History repeats itself. Human nature hasn’t changed a bit, I believe. We’ve made the same mistakes over and over. Learning from what happened in the past, especially wars and conflicts, might help preventing similar catastrophic events taking place in our modern days.
Follow Dương trên các Facebook sau để học các bài học Ielts 8.0+ hoàn toàn miễn phí và cập nhật nhất các bạn nhé: